ELVINA

The Elvina was built originally by William Goddard at Palm Beach in 1923 and launched as "The Falcon" She worked for years as a ferry at Palm Beach before coming to Church Point. It was at this time her name
was changed to "Elvina". During World War II, she carried troops to gun emplacements at West Head.  

She has been owned by the Church Point Ferry  Services since 1958 and is a much loved commuter ferry for theoffshore community of Pittwater. Mick and his team undertook an extensive restoration which included: new shear strakes; replacement of approximately twenty other sections of planking; re-ribbing around mid-ships area; re-caulking; new sponsons; new decks; new wheelhouse; and new passenger seating